Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sundays, Volunteering & Kitties

So, I typed this at work on Sunday and printed it.  I can't get on the (normal) Internet while at work, so I am just now copying this from that.  :) 

Working on Sundays
Sundays.  They are so slow at work!  I've seen 3 people in 3.5 hours.  And 2 of them were in the first 15 minutes.  So, what do you do on slow days?  Clean.  There's truth in the saying, 'when there's time to lean, there's time to clean'.  So, I've put up stock, swept, straightened shelves, front-faced products.  In a few minutes I'll get up and clean the bathrooms.  Oh the joy.  On Sundays, I would much rather sleep in a little, get up, go to church, and go home to relax.  At least I'm not open that late.  Four is not as bad as it could be I guess. 

Volunteering
So, I've been wanting to volunteer and do something that means something.  I got a text today from a friend asking me if I would be willing to volunteer at a Cancer Benefit for Relay for Life on May 5.  Of course I said yes!  Since I'm already at work, I went ahead and put it on the calendar that I would need off that day.  I'm looking forward to it!

I've also been thinking of other places I can volunteer some of my free time.  I'm thinking of finding a veteran's hospital in the area.  Or a children's place.  Or something with animals.  Or an AIDS foundation place.  I just want to help, somewhere.  But I want it to be a right fit for me, and for them.  I will be doing more research soon. 

Kitties & Food
My little boy (cat) has had an allergic reaction to something, possibly food.  So I went to a holistic pet store on Friday and bought the cats some holistic, good-for-you, expensive food.  So far the 3 are not too fond of it.  They aren't really eating it.  Looks like I will have to keep searching for something else.  But they must eat this.  I mean, I paid $16 (including tax) for 5 pounds of food.  That's crazy (to me)!!  I will NOT let that money go to waste, so they will have to eat it.  When they get hungry enough, they will.  Is that mean?  I hope not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment