Friday, January 6, 2012

Retail Therapy

Ahhh...  Retail therapy.  Okay ladies, I know you know what I'm talking about!  Some days you just need to get out and go shopping.  That's what I did today. 

I did not need to go shopping.   I definitely didn't need to spend the money.  And I didn't even set out this morning with any intent on shopping today.  I had a meeting this morning that went until 1:15 and one of my co-workers mentioned that she was going shopping.  I kind of invited myself to go too & met her and her sister at the nearby mall.  I figured that since I had no plans, why go sit at home? 

Ladies, Yankee Candle is having an AMAZING sale!  The small votives are only 50 cents!  I got 20-21 small votives and 2 small glass jar candles for $21.  That included tax!  Then I bought 3 more larger jar candles! 

That was the second store that drew me in though.  The first was New York and Co.  I bought a few things on the clearance rack there.  Never buy things full price!  That's my first rule in shopping. 

Then there was Yankee Candle.  Next was Bath & Body Works.  They are also having a sale.  They are getting rid of all of their Christmas scents.  By the time I was finished in there, my arms were getting tired from carrying all of those candles around! 

My last stop was the Calendar kiosk in the mall.  You know they always have calendars on sale right after the new year.  Why buy them at full price when you can get them for half off in a week?!  I got a desk calendar for work.  My calendar of choice this year is called Smart Ass: The Who, What Where Am I? ... Quiz Calendar.  It has a lot of questions and clues and you guess the answer.  Pretty soon I'll have a lot of random bits of information! 

What are some of your favorite things to buy on sale after a holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment