Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Books

I've got a few books to read.  I'm looking forward to all of them too!  Reading is like writing; you have to be in the mood for it.  What are some of your favorites?  Authors?  Titles?  Fiction?  Non-fiction? 

Currently, I'm reading 'Seriously... I'm Kidding' by Ellen Degeneres.  It's funny.  And mostly makes no sense at all.  It's definitely a different kind of read.  But I enjoy it.  I enjoy her humor.  I love watching her talk show because she's consistently making me laugh. 

I have also started 'Son of Hamas' by Mosab hassan Yousef.  It is written by a man that is (was) the son of a Hamas leader.  It's quite interesting to learn about other cultures, especially those that are vastly different from your own.  I am not finished with it, but I do encourage you to read it. 

Next on my list is 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' by Jonathan Safran Foer.  It has been made into a movie and the movie comes out this coming weekend.  I want to see the movie, but I want to read the book first.  So that will be read as soon as I'm done with Ellen's book, and probably before I finish the Hamas book. 

After those, I have a book by Mary Higgins Clark (my favorite author) and the book 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett.  I've already seen the movie, which was amazing.  The book has to be even better! 

Okay, enough for now.  It's time for bed!  Early day tomorrow.  Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment